Please be forewarned:

Even though my photos will never be anything but PG rated; I am no stranger to profanity. While I don't go tossing in cuss words all willy-nilly, I have been known to go on a bit of a rant every now and then.

With that said . . . game on.
:P

- m.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name...

Since I posted about the little house, I might as well post about my grandmother's rose bush. When the little house was being built, my grandmother received a rose bush as a sort of house warming present (if I recall the story correctly), which they planted right out front. I'm not quite sure who it was a gift from, as my mother doesn't remember. Mebbe my aunt will- I'll have to ask her.

rose-edit
(click for larger image)

When the little house was demolished, we had to make sure we saved the rose bush, since it had flowered beautifully every year since it's planting. Since roses are so picky and usually need careful attention, I call it the 'enchanted rose' for it's lack of needing to be tended to or pruned to produce such lovely blooms.

With my grandmother gone, now, it's like having a little bit of her blooming every year. Sappy, yeah- but that's all right. :)

No comments: