Please be forewarned:

Even though my photos will never be anything but PG rated; I am no stranger to profanity. While I don't go tossing in cuss words all willy-nilly, I have been known to go on a bit of a rant every now and then.

With that said . . . game on.
:P

- m.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Classic Pink

[ This post was originally on another blog I was keeping on 5/24/07. ]

I've been reading this blog, lately, and it inspired me to pick up my digital camera and go wandering around the neighborhood to take some photos. So I did. And here's my result:

classicpink-edit
(click for larger image)

Now, I'm not the usual girly froo-froo type to go around snapping photos of pink flowers. In fact, I hate the color pink. But that's all right, 'cause there's just something so classic about this particular shot. I like it. If you don't, screw yourself. :P Even though it looks big, the bud of the flower was under a half inch across. Zoom is mah friend. :D I don't, however, quite know what it is... it's off of a bush in my front yard. It may be a geranium, but don't quote me on that.
A little disclaimer, here. I am, by no means, a photographer- I have a (somewhat) dinky digital camera and have rarely taken photos of anything other than silly shit to send to my best friend. I don't even know how to use the settings ON said camera -- I just point, click, and see what button/menu item does what. I've tried reading up on the basics of photography, but all the terms and numerical values just makes my head hurt. I just go with the flow.

No comments: