Please be forewarned:

Even though my photos will never be anything but PG rated; I am no stranger to profanity. While I don't go tossing in cuss words all willy-nilly, I have been known to go on a bit of a rant every now and then.

With that said . . . game on.
:P

- m.

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Red-Tailed Hawk

Back in '02, there was this young red-tailed hawk that decided it was gonna have, er, lunch in my yard. Luckily, I didn't get a good shot of said lunch (which was a bunny of some type), but I did get a few semi-decent shots of the hawk. Now, these were shot with a much older camera than I have now (not to mention I didn't even know how to work it properly), so they're not all that crisp. I decided to post these, though, after I accidentally deleted all my new pics from the park off my memory card. I needed /something/ to fiddle with, and besides.. it's very rare you're able to get this close to a hawk- in the Jersey suburbs, at least.

Hawk 1
Hawk2-edit.jpg
Hawk1-edit.jpg
(click for larger image)

There I was, just sitting in a lawn chair in my yard when this poor thing, about two or three yards from me, was trying to drag it's prize away. The bunny, however, was heavier than the bird had imagined, so when he/she went to fly off, it almost smacked me in the head. That woulda sucked- no one needs a disemboweled bunny thwacked against their forehead.

No comments: