Please be forewarned:

Even though my photos will never be anything but PG rated; I am no stranger to profanity. While I don't go tossing in cuss words all willy-nilly, I have been known to go on a bit of a rant every now and then.

With that said . . . game on.
:P

- m.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Green Vase

When you were a kid and you got a new toy, it was the best thing in the world.. you played with it until you wore the damned thing out, broke it, or you got bored- whichever came first. This is how I feel about my close-up/macro filter. Hopefully, I won't break it, and I don't think you can technically wear one out... and hell, I'm certainly not bored with it.

While looking at nifty photos, I've always been automatically drawn to extreme closeups, especially where they look nothing like they do as a whole and a bit abstract. So this is what I've been doing: scouring my home for things that while quite mundane, can be made to look almost... other worldly (I've always liked that term).

Green Vase 2
(click for larger image)

This is a vase I came across in my pantry closet. I like it fine. It's unique, it's glass, and well... it's pretty. :D It's an odd shape, kinda like a pitcher with an oval rim and spout like things on either end.

Green Vase 1
(click for larger image)

1 comment:

Bjørn said...

magnificent pictures!! I will definitely bookmark your blog just to enjoy your work!!